At this time cloud adoption is taken into account mainstream, with 83% of enterprise workloads anticipated to within the cloud by 2020 . As extra organizations transfer their workloads to the cloud and to distant do business from home environments, safety should additionally evolve to fulfill the challenges of this new regular. In accordance with a latest McAfee report, the typical enterprise organizations makes use of 1,400 totally different cloud companies fueling the necessity for options which might be designed to safe the cloud. Additional, business analyst agency Gartner warns that “by way of 2025, 99% p.c of cloud safety failures would be the buyer’s fault.”1 This has prompted enterprises to search for methods to implement extra safety controls on their cloud options past what a cloud service supplier (SaaS or IaaS) presents natively.
Atlassian is a SaaS software program powerhouse that builds merchandise for content material administration, software program improvement & challenge administration, broadly adopted by organizations globally. McAfee MVISION Cloud is a number one Cloud Entry Safety Dealer (CASB) that gives complete visibility and management for SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, throughout Content material and DevOps environments. The collaboration between Atlassian and McAfee mix their joint strengths to ship an optimized cloud safety resolution for purchasers.
Key Buyer Challenges
As enterprises undertake cloud functions, they could see the next challenges associated to cloud safety:
- Customers could unintentionally add delicate knowledge on to a cloud service for e.g. medical health insurance declare numbers, bank card numbers, AWS keys, and so on. in. Jira Software program, Confluence or different cloud functions
- Within the fashionable enterprise, conventional community parameters are dissolving. Most customers now use gadgets that sit outdoors the enterprise firewall to entry enterprise cloud functions similar to Jira Software program, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Exiting worker could go rogue or depart their credentials simply accessible. Threat of insider threats, compromised person accounts or privileged entry on SaaS functions have to be addressed
- Drifts in configurations of SaaS functions like Jira Software program Cloud could cause unintentional publicity of delicate knowledge
- Infrastructure code misconfiguration or “drift,” from customary benchmarks that happen over time in a cloud surroundings can expose delicate info and enhance threat.
McAfee MVISION Cloud for Atlassian Answer
McAfee MVISION Cloud for Atlassian merchandise assist organizations securely speed up their enterprise within the following methods:
- MVISION Cloud (MVC) prevents delicate or regulated knowledge from being uploaded or shared with unauthorized events in real-time, whereas utilizing Atlassian’s Jira Software program or Confluence Cloud merchandise. For instance: detecting PII (Social Safety Numbers), PCI (bank card numbers), HIPAA labeled knowledge (medical health insurance declare quantity) or different Confidential Knowledge (Mergers & Acquisitions associated paperwork)
- MVISION Cloud limits obtain/sync to unmanaged gadgets and acquire whole management over person entry to Atlassian functions by imposing context-specific insurance policies limiting particular end-user actions.
- MVISION Cloud captures the entire audit path of all person exercise enriched with menace intelligence to facilitate publish incident forensic investigations. MVC detects threats from compromised accounts, insider threats, privileged entry misuse and malware an infection.
- Prospects use a supply code repository & CI/CD instruments for constructing Cloud Native functions. McAfee MVISION Cloud integration with Atlassian’s Bitbucket Cloud and Bamboo merchandise helps detect drifts in configuration from customary CIS benchmarks. It additionally ensures that knowledge is protected on misconfigured assets or simply merely inside these functions
Atlassian-McAfee Collaboration Advantages
To summarize, a sequence is simply as sturdy as its weakest hyperlink. The collaboration between Atlassian and McAfee combines their joint strengths to ship an optimized cloud safety resolution that may be a win-win for the shopper in addition to the cloud supplier.
Shift Proper: Safety is a shared duty between Prospects and Cloud Suppliers
Atlassian’s cloud instruments are mission essential to buyer companies and locations the place they could be storing delicate info in Jira Software program, Confluence and Bitbucket. One of many causes that 99% of points are anticipated to be attributed to the shopper, is that whereas cloud suppliers (together with Atlassian) have invested very closely in safety and have straight addressed core challenges that an on-prem options could trigger (with updates, vulnerability monitoring, incident response, and so on.), their prospects could also be a lot earlier on of their safety journey. Right here’s the place McAfee MVISION Cloud steps in to safe the delta, by serving to prospects ship on their share of the safety duty.
For instance, a big healthcare buyer is utilizing McAfee MVISION Cloud to detect any delicate knowledge violating compliance and regulatory insurance policies inside Jira Software program or Confluence Cloud.
Shift Left: Securing DevOps by Enabling DevSecOps
As a maker of instruments for improvement groups, Atlassian needs to make it simpler for builders to construct and function safe merchandise, whereas responding to safety incidents extra rapidly and successfully. McAfee MVISION Cloud “Shift Left” may also help Atlassian prospects make sure that the infrastructure and the myriad of configurations choices accessible, are deployed in accordance the safety and regulatory compliance finest practices. “Shift Left” inline integration seamlessly incorporates these safety checks with none additional steps required by the builders or DevOps groups.
To be taught extra about how McAfee-Atlassian merchandise work collectively, please attend our joint webinar on Could 20th, 2020
Weblog: McAfee MVISION Cloud for Atlassian Entry
Weblog: Shift Left Inline – Integration with Atlassian Bitbucket CI/CD Pipes
Web site: https://www.atlassian.com/software program/entry/mcafee
1 Supply: “Smarter With Gartner” Weblog, Is the Cloud Safe?, October 10, 2019, Contributor Kasey Panetta, https://www.gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/is-the-cloud-secure/
x3Cimg top=”1″ width=”1″ fashion=”show:none” src=”https://www.fb.com/tr?id=766537420057144&ev=PageView&noscript=1″ />x3C/noscript>’);atlassian access,mcafee solutions,cloud security